Long tail keywords information – What, Why and How?
Long tail keywords are keyword phrases with more than three words around which the article or advertisement is developed. Lengthy keywords are used both by bloggers and advertisers. Bloggers use keywords while writing articles and advertisers, while placing paid advertisements to attract visitors and get conversions. In this article ‘long tail keywords information’ is the central point around which the article spins. There are many reasons why long tail keywords are important for search ranking and ad placements.. For search engine ranking Google bots identify the purpose of the article and collects information through the keywords in the article. They match the visitors query with the keyword relevance in the article and places the article in the first few search results. While placing paid advertisements long tail keywords stand a better chance to be displayed on the top of the placements. Thus long tail keywords information is important for both advertisers and searchers. For bloggers they are important prerequisite for SEO (search engine optimization).
- ‘Health’ and ‘travel’ are single word keyword. Those single words will not specify the requirement of the visitor. For example a visitor may require information for ‘health tips for diabetics‘, or ‘diabetic health information in a particular state’. The keyword ‘health’ will address both queries. Sing keyword will rank in search query for professional and established blogs or website and not for new blogs or websites.Instead a long tail keyword like ‘ health conditions in India’ or more specific like ‘health conditions in Hyderabad, South India’ , may stand a better change for ranking. So an informative blog post written on the lengthy keywords will get ranked in the first 10 slots of the generic search.
- These lengthy phrase keywords are more descriptive and explains the exact requirement of the visitor. Those who wants to know about a subject through internet normally types a small sentence in the Google search bar instead of short words.
- Google tests search query with many permutations and combinations. Google identifies the meaning of the query, identifies the relevant web pages, checks the quality of the content. Google search algorithms then filters the usability of web pages and then displays the results. Google search can pin point the the query objectives and expectations before delivering the information for a search query. Thus a long tail keyword plays a great role in establishing the blog post credentials.
- Long tail keywords will have less competition in paid per click (PPC)) bidding by the advertiser. Thus these keywords stand a better change for conversions for low bidding amount
- Long tail keywords by definition have more than 3 words long. On search demand curve people with specific search requirements look for these keywords. They will have high conversions rate because of low search volume but for specific requirements.
Do not dump the article with long tail keywords information instead use keyword variations.
Though keywords are important for search query ranking, the placement and relevance should not be ignored. Do not concentrate using keywords for optimization purpose, use them in relevant places. Use long tail keywords and their variations without compromising one valuable information you offer to the visitor. Content is the king and search engine optimization tricks are secondary. Bloggers should concentrate to write articles useful to solution seekers than optimizing the blog post to search engines. What to write as a blog post is important and adding value to content by supporting the articles with search engine optimization techniques will improve the ranking chances.
Tools to find out profitable long tail keywords information
- Perform a research on Google search for profitable long tail keywords. The best place to find out long tail keyword examples is google search results itself. Scroll down the Google search results and ate rend you will find ‘search related to ————‘ keyword you were looking for as shown below.
- Uber suggest: This is a free long tail keyword tool suggested by Neil Patel an Indian blogger. When you key in a keyword, this tool suggest trend and volume and ranking chances of that keyword for ranking.
- Google Autocomplete: Google auto complete is a free long tail keywords generator. They display keywords made by real searches on Google search box by real people.It is amazingly easy to find out prime or long tail or short tail keywords through this tool. You can download the entire list to your computer and use them either in an article for content development of for advertisement. No more guessing
- Keywordtool.io: Yer another free keyword prediction tool that gives tons of unique keyword variation for a keyword question with related details like search volume, trend, cost per click and Competition
- Answer the public : An exhaustive information on keyword research. This tool answer public questions for any related query in the form of visualization and data graphs. Below is a image shot of data for keywords asked by public.
More info on keyword tools is at back linko
How to use related and long tail keywords in a blog post
Once you identify your main keyword, related keywords, relevant to the topic and through free or paid keyword tools, use them to improve your content and Search engine optimization strategy. Make sure you use the main keyword along with related keywords in the post, title or heading, sub headings and paragraphs. Remember the following points while optimizing the long tail keywords for SEO.
- Take a list of main keyword and 3 or 4 related keywords and match them to the content and context of the article.
- Try to use the the related keywords in the article where ever it is relevant. Do not dump them unnecessarily.
- Use the primary keyword and one related keyword in the heading, one of the sub headings and meta description.
- Choose the long tail keyword that performs well in search results and with low competition in ad bidding.
- You can use long tail keyword and related keywords chosen for the article in you paid advertisement campaigns. Try to choose the keywords as near as possible to the audience or visitors search query.
- With these tips and tools, you can find related keywords that will enhance your content, user experience, and ability to appear on search engine results pages.
Keep in mind the fact that 27% of people click on paid ads and 93% on generic results. Thus keyword selection is important for both advertisers and bloggers.
The number of times a word appears in an article is considered as the ‘keyword’ by Google
Few examples of long tail keywords
- Shopping enquirers: online shopping portal with free delivery, online shopping mall with ICICI bank payment gateway
- Health care: Cancer treatment hospitals in New jersey, weight loss centers in Krishnarajapuram, Bangalore
- Blogging: blogging tips and tricks for new bloggers, long tail keywords information.