Answers for preliminary search engine optimization questions
What is Search Engine Optimization?
All possible search engine optimization questions are answered here. These questions and answers are useful to both novice and experienced visitors.
Search engine optimization or SEO is a techniques to top rank in Google search results page (SERP). As against paid advertisements SERP ranking prove the quality and relevance of the content to an asked query. The first page ranking brings more volumes of web traffic and popularity to the blog post. They are generic search results. The ranking in the first page through these techniques will exclude paid advertisements or paid per click campaigns. No money spent but assured results
- Who coined the word Search engine optimization and when?
The word search engine optimization is coined back in 1997. Industry analyst Danny Sullivan coined the word and popularized by Bruce Clay on May 2, 2007. source: Wikipedia
Where is the term “SEO” used?
SEO or search engine optimization is optimizing the search engine results page (SERP) ranking for blog
branding companies and everywhere you need ranking for a search query.
What are the basic SEO techniques for a blogger?
Bloggers use optimization techniques to popularise their blog on the internet. Apart from informative and engaging content, bloggers concentrates to meet the search engine requirements to rank the content. Few among many important SEO techniques are
back link strategies
image optimization. alternate text (ALT tags) details for images
meta details of the post like meta title, meta description
page speed lods
Question About Search engine optimization – keywords
- What is a keyword?
Keyword is a word around which a blog post or article is developed. As the name indicates keyword is the central point of an article. Google ranks the post for search query on the keyword strength and relevance. Popular keywords like health, travel will have heavy competition and difficult for ranking because of article volumes submitted for indexing.
What is a long tail Keyword? Why they are popular in search engine optimization?
Long tail keyword is a three to four words phrase. To stand better chance in search ranking bloggers use long tail keywords. Bloggers started developing the central point of their articles around long tail keywords to stand better chance for SERP ranking. Advertisers use long tail keywords for bidding. They stand a better chance to appear in the sponsored advertisement section of Google search. These keywords allow ads appear on search results for less bid amount and gets maximum conversions. The supporting reason is that the long tail keywords are more specific to the visitors query.
Questions on Search engine optimization – back links
- What is back link? What is the search engine optimization strategy for getting valuable back links to the article?
Valid back link is a link to your post from an authority blog. When a visitor read your article, find it useful and then links to your article through their blog post is a valid natural back link. Google gives weight-age to the quality back links in the same niche for ranking the blog or blog post. An example of natural back link is a link from a travel blog to a travel post and health blog to a health post and so on.
What types of back links add value to the search engine ranking?
Do follow links add value to ranking algorithm. There are two types of back links. Do follow and no follow. Google recognize do follow links as ranking score. Follow link is a link back to the blog from the referring blog. It means when a blog links to other blog page with relevant content and that blog links back to the this blog appreciating the content or thank giving to the blogs page is a follow link.
Let me explain natural back link in detail. Suppose I found relevant content with extra value on another blog post. Then I will direct my visitors to that post through a hyper link in an anchor text. As an appreciation to my justure the referred blog adds a link back to my article. This back link is an authority back link. If I get a back a link from that article appreciating the content, it is a do follow authority link.
If your hyperlink is a ‘no follow’ link to search engines it is a no follow link. No follow link may not directly help in google rank scale but definitely attract traffic. No follow link says ‘Google’s Matt Cutts’ Won’t Hurt You Unless You Are Spamming At A Huge Scale. Matt suggests no follow links on the widget area.
Image optimization is a part of search engine optimization
- How to do image optimization?
Images are visual treat to the visitors. They explain the central idea of the article . Images will have text tags known as alternative tages. These tags are hyper linked to the keywords to boost the article for search engine ranking through images. Resize images to enhance page load speed either through script or plug in.
- Use relevant images to suit your niche
- Utilize alt tags to boost the article keywords
- reduce the size of the image without compromising on the quality of the picture.
Article writing guidelines for SEO
Search engine optimization skills writing great articles are
- No grammatical or writing errors
- Avoid excessive passive voice sentences
- use simple sentences and not complex or compound sentences
- Do not exceed paragraph length to more than 300 words
- Divide long paragraphs into short ones with proper sub headings
- Do not over optimize subheadings or content with keywords . Use keyword variations where ever necessary.
- Readers love small informative sentences and not complicated sentences.
Page Loads and speed loads are important for Search Engine optimization
No one like to wait. Visitors expect immediate results. When a visitor happens to click on your blog post. the expect the blog appear on their browser almost immediately. The allowed webpage load time is 20 sec. Of the page does not display with in that time they are annoyed. If the webpage loads slow, 50% of visitors turn to next available page on the search results. Web page load time differs from location to location. Test frequently the load times at different locations using Pingdom tools
Follow new strategies with changes used by search engines
Search engines keep changing ranking strategies, algorithms, formulas. They change those strategies because few SEO experts misuse the original strategies. They over optimize keyword by stuffing them in the article overriding information. Copy content from other blogs and reproduce the same in their blog. Try to use optimization techniques with out offering valuable information to the user. Those illegal SEO strategies are taken as scam by search engines.
What are algorithms search engines uses to find out relevant results for a visitors query
Search engines keep trying different permutations and combinations to find out he best suitable results for a visitors quey. It is a continuous process and never ending. They have so far updated so many algorithms like
- Panda: Used in the year 2011 to filter quality of the content and segregate the content into high quality and spam or thin content. It will delink thin content websites or blogs from index
- Penguin: As an extension to panda penguin filters manipulative links or spam links to boost ranking. Both these algorithms now is on for real time filtering from 2016
- Pirate: as he name indicates this algorithm filters copyright content usease by bloggers or websites. Offering free music, video content through torrent sites is a copy right violation.
- Humming bird: Aimed at understanding the query of the visitor and display relevant results in SERP pages. This update is aimed at trending or conversational queries or long sentence querry. As an example any query on olympics indicate the upcoming olympic events rather than historic if not specified.
- Payday designed to fight spam
- Pigeon: intended to optimize local search results. Improper designing of the business page, improper listing in local directories will affect the ranking with this algorithm.
- Mobile Friendly: Mobile users are growing day after day. Information access is beyond desktop or laptop. Information went mobile. This update is aimed at search engine ranking for mobile users. So take care of developing mobile friendly sites with proper view port configuration for best results.
- Pirate: Designed to fight copyright infringement
- Rank Brain: RankBrain is designed to attend two components of ranking – query processing and ranking. According to Google Rank brain is third most important ranking factor. More valuable information about Google algorithm is at SEO Power Suit
How search engines work? What is a crawler? What is indexing?
Search engines crawl web pages and download information for evaluation. These web crawlers are also called bts or spiders. It is software by itself. They identify the pages and follow links there in and search those liked pages for relevance of information.Then they index the pages filtering duplicate pages, copied content pages, irrelevant pages and so on before indexing. Useful information at How search engines work at deep crawler
Search engine optimization for social media
Social media is is a very important platform in modern world to attract traffic to a product or service or blog promotion. Millions of people are social media addicts. According to a survey 3.2 billions are effectively using social media everyday. In Terms of world population it is around 45%. A big chunk of people love to share your blog post or website article, if you can capture them. Want more statistical information on social media usage. Read an article social media statistics
How to get social media traffic to a blog post? How does SEO help?
The major social media platforms that everyone is aware of are Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, pinterest and Youtube. The ways to get traffic from these sources and improve SEO ranking chances are
- Join the groups on face book. Contribute regular posts on those group pages. Read other group members articles and share your useful comment. If they like your services they will promote to their other members. You get great links to your blog. Create your own face book page for your blog.
- Tweet regularly and retweet other tweets on your niche.
- Linkedin is for job seekers and professionals. If your niche is all about startups, career and education, use this media to promote your post.
- Request members of social media to promote your blog to their neal and dear. A great way to promote.
- If you get more and more traffic from these sources, your chances on SERP ranking improves.
What experts say about SEO?
There are two issues here. One You write an article with a blog development content like this one. Number to you are writing an article to sell products and services. Once you pin point it, it is your turn now to search engine optimize the content for related platform. That is if your article is about applications for social media, you have to choose social media related keywords and search engine optimize.
Times are changing. Content marketing became a huge business. Digital marketing experts are fining new ways to create and promote content. Today search engines are human or visitor friendly . They display results to the visitors based on location, frequently visited websites, and other users experience for the same query.
Few SEO experts
I believe in a holistic approach to optimizing your site. My approach is not one of spammy signals but of creating a positive visitor experience. I view search engines like a concierge for the internet who’s job is to provide the most relevant results while delivering the best experience. Above all, what is ultimately good for the visitor is good for the search engines says Rob Bertholf. , a San Diego & Honolulu based Entrepreneur and Marketing Technologist
Rand Fishkin co-founders of SEO tool provider, Moz is an expert since the people talking about Search engine optimization concept. Bold to face controversies and absolutely dot on the topic in search engine related articles at Rand’s blog.Involved in the development of Google’s webmaster central, Vanessa Fox is a search engine optimization specialist, consultant and blogger. Vanessa Fox blog have great article on ranking in search engines apart from topics like writing, speaking and marketing in age of Google
,Matt Cutts is a team member at Google, favorite to thousands of webmaters interested search engine related question. He answered many questions on search engine optimization through his video media and have 4.5 million followers on social media. Follow his blog on SEO for more news
How to choose is a trustworthy SEO company?
A trustworthy and reliable SEO company is the one that shows the following results through their SEO services
- improved ranking on SERP results
- more traffic, leads and conversions
- increase brand popularity
It is not easy to choose a goof SEO company or SEO specialist to boost your companies activities