Acne is a Common Skin Disease – Do Not Worry
Acne – Women Health Issue And Found in Men Too
Acne is a common disease and acne lesions are referred as pimples and effects face, the upper part of the chest, and back. Severe acne is inflammatory. Acne lesions are also referred as blemishes, spots, zits, or acne. Every youth both men and women at some stage of their live will have pimples on their face. Normal pimples will disappear after some age without affecting or damaging the face leaving scars. Pimples should not touched nor squeezed out of fear which may turn to be inflammatory and serious. Acne pimples will rake a serious form in men but women are more worried about acne. In young women acne is linked to hormone changes at the time of menstrual cycle. As the age crosses acne disappears in women. But some women have acne for many years. Some times acne symptoms are shown between 30-40 years in women. Women usually feel depressed, feels acne is a serious illness affecting their body image. But today acne have many remedies and women need not worry at all. Acne even can be prevented.
Medical Explanation of Acne
Acne is caused by changes in pilosebaceous units ( the unit made up of the hair follicle, sebaceous gland – A gland which produces and liberates sebum, a mixture composed of fat, cellular debris, keratin, and sebaceous duct ). Acne affects face, the upper part of the chest, and back. Severe acne is inflammatory, Acne lesions are commonly referred to as pimples, blemishes, spots, zits, or acne.
Types of Acne Lesions:
- Comedo: This is the common form of lesion normally whiteheads or blackheads or papules. If the plugged pore stays under the skin, it’s called a closed comedo and forms a white bump or whitehead. Black head comedos open up and appear blackish on the surface of the skin. This black color is not due to dirt, but because the air reacts with the excess oil.
- Pustules or pimples: Pustules or pimples are acne lesions that contain pus and are red at the base.
- Nodules: These are serious lesions and lodge deeper in the skin, painful, and can cause scarring.
- Cysts: Like nodules, these lesions are deep within in the skin, are painful, and are filled with pus, and can cause scarring.The rare and serious form of acne is conglobata. This inflammatory acne develops primarily on the back, buttocks and chest. In addition to the presence of pustules and nodules, there may be severe bacterial infection.Useful Links: Acne fact Sheets / Adult Acne – Cure – Women’s Health / Latest Research In Acne
Symptoms:In addition to the red, swollen bump, other possible symptoms include:
- A gritty, scratchy sensation as if there is a foreign body
- sensitivity to light
- Tearing of your eye
- Tenderness of the eyelid
- Immediate Treatment if not complicated
Do You Know: Styes and chalazions can be treated by applying warm compresses. Apply for 10 minutes. Do this four times a day.
- Do NOT attempt to squeeze a stye or any other type of eyelid bump. Let it drain on its own.
- Antibiotic creams may help recurrent or persistent styes. Some large styes need to be lanced to drain the infection
Cure Acne Naturally
- Dont touch your face too often and irritate the pimples as in can lead to permanent scarring.
- Apply tomato pulp on the pimples and leave it to dry.
- Cucumber paste is also considered very good for the skin and is known to reduce pimples.
- Grind neem leaves and turmeric together and apply the paste on the face to remove dark spots.
- Take a sufficient mufti-vitamin tablet. Acne can be a sign that your body is not receiving the right nutrition.
- Eat carrots for the beta-carotene – Vitamin A. This strengthens the protective tissue of the skin and actually prevents acne by reducing sebum production.
Speculations About the Causes of AcneThere is a common speculation chocolate, greasy foods, dirty skin cause acne. There is no evidence that foods have much effect on acne development and blackheads and other acne lesions are not caused by dirt. Stress does not cause acne, but research suggests that for people who have acne, stress can make it worse.
Who Gets Acne?
Men and women between the age group 11 to 30 years and adolescents have acne outbreaks at some point. The symptoms of acne leaves skin on its own by the time they reach their thirties; however, some people in their forties and fifties continue to have this skin problem.