Lung Cancer is abnormal growth of lung tissue cells
Lung Cancer is another silent killer, the most common cause of cancer death in men and second most death cause in women after breast cancer Health Info.
The annual death toll is 1.3 million worldwide due to cancer. There are at least 100 types of cancers and motst dangerous among them are breast cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and lymphoma. Lung Cancer is a disease of uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. The vast majority of primary lung cancers are carcinomas of the lung, derived from epithelial cells.
Lung Cancer Symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing (including coughing up blood)
- Weight loss
- clubbing -changes in the tissue of the nail beds
- Cyanosis – a bluish color of the skin and the mucous membranes due to insufficient oxygen in the blood,
- chest X-ray
- CT (computerized axial tomography scan, or CAT scan) scans
- CT scan (or spiral CT scan)
Types of Lung Cancer
- Small Cell
- Non Small Cell
Tobacco Smoking is the prime cause for lung cancer
- Non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) is sometimes treated with surgery
- Small cell lung carcinoma (SCLC) usually responds better to chemotherapy and radiation.
- Hemo therapy
- radiation therapy
- Brain prophylactic radiation
- Treatment of recurrence
- Targeted therapy
- Photo dynamic therapy (PDT)
- Radio frequency ablation (RFA)
- Experimental therapies
Prevent from this disease by following these steps
- Stop smoking eight away, not trying to reduce technique
- Do not be in the company of smokers thus avoiding secondhand smoke
- Test your home for radon
- Avoid substances that cause radiation directly called carcinogens at work
- vegetables and fruits in diet help prevent lung cancer.
- regular timely exercise daily is an added advantage.
Lung cancer Stories