Leucorrhoea also known as Leukorrhea can be cured with Ayurveda and Homeopathy
Leucorrhoea is a whitish discharge from the vagina due to inflammation or irritation of the membrane lining in the genital organs of the female. It happens often normally, but if excessive may be a symptom of infection. It may be thick, viscid and foul smelling. There is normally more discharge at puberty, when the sexual functions are becoming established. Leucorrhoea can also be classified as cervical leucorrhoea or vaginal leucorrhoea i.e., according to the place of its origin – cervix or vagina.
Trichomonal vaginitis: Yellowish discharge. Presence of local itching will confirm the diagnosis.
Monolial vaginitis: Commonly seen in patient who are diabetic or pregnant, or taking antibiotics or oral contraceptive pills.
Cervicitis: It should be suspected in all patients of Leucorrhoea who also complain of low backache.
Leucorrhoea Treatment- Home Remedies
- Amalaki seeds powder: 2-3 grams / day with Honey / Sugar will relieves the White Discharge.
- Chandana athar:Five drops of Chandana Athar (Sandalwood oil) to be taken with Peyan vazhaippazham (Plantain) twice daily.
- Mango seed powder:Mango seed powder in the dose of 1-2 gm’s twice daily
- Fenugreek Seeds:The 2 tsp of fenugreek seeds twice daily
- Guava:Tender leaves of guava are useful in the treatment
- Walnut leaves:Decoction of fresh walnut leaves for douching will reduce leucorrhoea.
The following items are suggested as diet as diet forLeucorrhoea
Healthy fruits ( bananas, oranges, lemons, black plums ), vegetables ( cranberries, okra, leafy greens, onions ), brown rice instead of raw rice or boiled rice, , yogurt, herbs and spices such as ginger, garlic, fenugreek ( a plant leaves ) and coriander. Avoid foods like egg, meat, mushrooms,bread,sweets generally any fermented food items which may elevate or stimulate leucorrhea.