What is web security?
Security at every stage of you web application from hacker attacks, vulnerabilities and threats is called web security. Web Security covers security at multiple levels, network, host, application. Web security is beyond security at application and website level. It is just not safe guarding credit card information from hackers malicious intentions to steal your funds or a website core areas. It is not about viruses, Trojan horses, and worms. Web Security threats also include employees ignorance. Bad administration practices and bad administrator can not handle sensitive data of a massive company. Source: Security Fundamentals
What are web security essentials?
The security essentials are understanding your requirements and designing the path to meet it. There is nothing like absolute security unless workers and software used to deign security is legal and loyal. Security finding out stringent measure to save your assets against threats and vulnerabilities. It is all about managing risk. Your web security design should address the following tasks.
- Reliable host: This is the first stage of web security essentials. A host keeps the website related elements on their servers. It may be shared hosting, or dedicated hosting or collocated hosting. Choice depends on your need, type and complexity of data you are hosting. It include necessity and afford-ability. Reliability is 100% uptime, 25 hours customer support, track record of clientèle and brand name.
- Securing admin and database area from server-side: A better way to secure web server is providing strong password. This is essential if one is using shared hosting services. Strong password is combination of capital letters, small letters, special characters. Avoid birth dates, names for passwords. Data base is another area that is to be tightened with special prefix instead of default prefix for data base names.
- Firewall & Anti virus protect: protect your computer with a anti-virus software and your network with firewall. If you can afford and your website need high-end protection use Secured socket layers (SSL) security from the server side. SSL or Transport Layer Security (TLS) is an extra layer web security.
- Take care choosing your website administrator. An ill knowledgeable administrator may hamper your security system and hackers can peep in.
What tasks a web security scanners do?
There are many open source security scanners on the Internet to check your website and network for vulnerabilities. All these scanners do
- Cross site scripting: Cross side scripting is also called XSS is injecting clients side malicious scripts though a trusted website to by pass account controls.
- SQL injection: These type of attacks are through SQL query via the input data
- Ajax testing
- CRLF Injection
- File inclusion
- JS source code analyzer
- REST based API
- Backup file check
- Intercepting Proxy
- Automatic Scanner
- Smart card and Client Digital Certificates support
- Traditional but powerful spiders
- Web Socket Support
- File Disclosure
- Plug-n-hack support
- Authentication support
- Dynamic SSL certificates
- Command execution detection
- SEL Injection and Xpath Injection
Few of the following are on line security scanner
- Zed Attack Proxy
Source: Kali Linux Tools
people with writing skills and command on language can write articles. If they have knowledge on the topic they are offering information and creative can develop wonderful blogs like digital inspiration. But never forget or ignore vulnerabilities and attacks. It is equally important to safeguard the blog. It is equally important to secure well designed blogs from attackers. As and when the blog becomes popular and gain traffic and popularity, Web security becomes more important. Take care and secure blogs otherwise your efforts will end up losing the blog content for ever. Happy hack free blogging.
More at open source security scanners