Inspiration is From within – Pull it Out
Narendra Modi: Early days
- Born on 17th September 1950 to a poor tea shop owner and helped his father in serving tea to people.
- He belongs to Ghanchi (oil-presser) community, a backward class.
- He himself ran a tea shop with his brother at the early age.
- His strength was participating in debates in schooling and enacting prominent characters in school drama.
Modi’s Growth is a great inspiration
- His life took a success turn when he joined RSS ( Ratriya Swayam Savak). He joined RSS not by default but with great interest. RSS leaders observed upcoming potential in Narendra Modi, his leadership qualities and appointed him as a full-time pracharak or proponent and campaigner. RSS took notice of his achievements – During Indo-Pak war in 1960’s Narendra voluntarily served soldiers and helped people during the floods in Gujarat in 1967. After formal training in RSS at Nagpur, Modi took an official place in the Sangh Parivar as in-charge of the student wing in the Sangh in Gujarat (Called ABVP).The political wing of RSS is Bharatheya Janatha Party (BJP) and Narendra took his first step in the political career. He succeeded his political career organizing yakatha yatra by BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi. He was recognized as a prominent political leader and his first break as a popular person after becoming the Chief Minister of Gujarat and did
remarkable service to people of Gujarat, He was the Chief Minister of Gujarat for more 4 terms in succession a rare feat by any political leader. He made Gujarat a ‘Vibrant Gujarat’. He was
acclaimed as ‘Best Chief Minister’ of Gujarat by a famous news magazine ‘India Today’ in 2006. In 2002 another news magazine ‘Times’ featured him on the cover page.
The Real Challenge and then the Achievement
his meetings all over the country. India expects a lot more from this dynamic leader in the coming years. They have already seen a sample of his achievements in his three months tenure in the office. Read more about him at PM India.