Heart Disease is Collection of Heart Disorders
Heart Disease include congenital heart defects among others
Heart disease is a general name given to a collection of heart disorders. It is reported that one person is killed at every 34 seconds because of heart disease around the globe. Known countries with heart disease is United States, England, Canada and Wales. Health Info
Types of Heart Disease
- Coronary Disease: a disease of the artery caused by the accumulation of athermanous plaques within the walls of the arteries that supply the myocardium
- Cardiomyopathy: means “heart muscle disease” (Myo= muscle, pathy= disease) It is the deterioration of the function of the myocardium
- Cardiovascular Disease: is any of a number of specific diseases that affect the heart itself and/or the blood vessel system, especially the veins and arteries leading to and from the heart.
- Ischemic Disease: Caused by reduced blood supply to the organs by narrowed heart arteries. When arteries are narrowed, less blood and oxygen reaches the heart muscle. This is also called coronary artery disease and coronary heart disease. This can ultimately lead to heart attack.
- Heart Failure: also called congestive heart failure (or CHF), and congestive cardiac failure (CCF), is a condition that can result from any structural or functional cardiac disorder that impairs the ability of the heart to fill with or pump a sufficient amount of blood throughout the body.
- Hypertensive Disease: is heart disease caused by high blood pressure, especially localized high blood pressure
- Inflammatory Disease: involves inflammation of the heart muscle and/or the tissue surrounding it.
- Valvular Disease: is disease process that affects one or more valves of the heart
How to prevent: no smoking passive or active, good eating habits, regular exercises, checkup with family doctor occasionally about your heart condition, get your sugar levels checked, beware of sleep apnea, watch your weight.