Basics About Camera – Buy The Best Camera At Amazon
What is a camera? What is photography?
Camera offers visual treat to human eyes. Picture or visuals have grater impact on human eye and convey information to the brain. Technically speaking camera is an optical instrument. It record images through a small hole that allow light to capture an image on a light-sensitive surface.
Photographers use cameras to shoot films. Photography is an art, hobby and passion.
Types of cameras
Cameras are classified into primary purpose cameras and advanced cameras depending on the usability.
Primary purpose cameras
- Single lense reflex camera (SLR): They are old model cameras where they use film to capture images. They give sharper image with quality color contact and tone.
- Large format camera: When a photorah require minute details of the image large format cameras are used. Large format cameras come in film and digital mechanisms. They are used in applications like landscape photography, advertising photos, fine-art photography, scientific applications.
- Twin lense reflex camera:Twin lense reflex camera is also called TLR uses two lense to expose the film and finding the view. They are bulky.
- Box camera: Box cameras are CCTV security cameras. You can not focus the cameras manually but these cameras are controlled by aperture and hyper-focal distance to have the subject in focus.
- Instant camera: The instant camera also known as Polaroid camera prints the photograph instantly with self-developing film to create a chemically developed print shortly after taking the picture.
- Subminiature camera: They are used to take still films with less than 35 mm film.
Other advanced Cameras are
- Motion picture camera: By moving 24 still films moved in a second you get a motion picture. Human eye perceives it as the object moving. These motion picture or cine cameras are used to take movies. Since the invention motion picture camera the human life entertainment changed a lot. Humans can experience all human emotions through films through this remarkable invention
- Video camera: They capture live images electronically as opposed to motion films where the images are captured on a film. They are used in TV film technology. They have two modes. One feeding the pictures in real time on to the screen for immediate view and the second mode is transfering the images on to the video tape to store and view later.
- Digital camera: A digital camera records images as data using digital optical component. The data is then converted into pixels.
- Mobile phone camera: The camera that captures images in a mobile cameras is through mobile phone camera. They can not be compared with dedicated cameras to shoot moving objects with accuracy.
- Mirrorless camera: In these cameras electronic view finder replaces traditional reflex mirror or optical viewfinder. In digital single lense reflex cameras reflex mirrors are used to view the image. Thus these cameras are named as mirrorless camera.
- Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera (DSLR): In DSLR cameras the photographer can change lenses to get the desired effect. They can control shutter speed and these cameras are widely used by both experienced and novice photographers.
- Surveillance camera: Surveillance cameras also known as number recognition system used at toll gates to automatically read number plates. Security cameras are used to send image signal to a localized place to monitor moment. Used in busy areas, apartments to safeguard people security. They are also called CCTV cameras.
How does a camera work:
Camera works on optical technology. Light is the source or photography and when light rays are focused on an object the object become visible, This visibility is captured by camera. The very first camera we can think of is the human eye. he human eye catches images through it shutters (eye lids) when open and focus the object on the retina creating an image.
Lense plays a prominent role in camera. Convex lense also called converging lense is used in cameras because they focuses all light rays to one point. Whereas a concave lense also named as diverging lense scatters light rays.Cameras are designed using this technique. The first camera took 8 hours to take a film because the lense captured lesser light. Today we take a film in milliseconds.
Light passes through objects. Lence grabs all right rays scattered around the object and redirect them to a single point, creating a sharp image.
The distance between the lense and the photo film or digital sensor must be accurate to get a sharp image. Photographer adjust the lense to the exact distance of the sensor while seeing though the aperture to get a sharp image.
How to choose a right camera:
With so many camera models around, it is difficult to choose the right camera. Ask yourself the following questions and the answer will lead you to correct decision.
- Why do I need a camera? I need a camera because I love photography.
- Are you a professional photographer? If the answer is “yes” buy a DSLR camera. These cameras have the flexibility of changing the lense. So that one need not buy different cameras for different purposes.
.In general choosing the camera is a personal choice, Budget place a prominent role. There are DSLR camera ranging from $500 to $1200, High end cameras come with different lense like wide angle, macro, or fish-eye. Point and shoot cameras range is $200 to $400. Mirrorless cameras price tag will range from $300 to $400 and goes to a range of $4000.
Advantage of mirrorless camera is they do not have shutters and they are less weigh to their other models like DSLR. For continuous photography mirrorless is the better choice.
References: How to choose a camera?
- Popular science: https://www.popsci.com/choose-best-digital-camera-for-you/
- Digital photo mentor: https://www.digitalphotomentor.com/choose-best-digital-camera/
- Wiki-how: https://www.wikihow.com/Choose-a-Camera
Do a photographer need a costly camera?
Photography is a passion and hobby. A good photographer does not need a costly camera. If the photographer knows where to point and when to release the shutter is a great photographer. Ancelleries along with a costly camera will only ease a photographers work. Some great photos taken with ordinary cameras.
Popular camera brands:
- Canon: A Japan’s multinational company with the headquarters at Ota city, Tokyo. Established in the year 1937, they are specialized in optical, imaging. An undisputed leader in manufacturing Cameras. Their best cameras in 2020 are Canon EOS Rebel T100 / EOS 4000D, Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS 6D Mark II, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. Canon’s full frame workhorse.
- Sony: Sony had a brand name in mirrorless cameras with features like in-body stabilization and better eye autofocus. Sony manufactures cameras in many countries. SLT cameras are made in Japan, mirrorless cameras in Thailand and China, compact cameras in China and Japan
- Panasonic: Another Japanese company found in 1918. Their digital single lens mirrorless camera the LUMIX S1R and the S1 come with 1 4K 60p/50p video recording function and the Dual I.S.
- Olympus: Japanese company established in 1919. Started with microscopes and thermometers. Among their camera series Olympus PEN E-PL10 is an excellent camera. It shoots at a super-fast burst rate of 14.1fps; it can produce 4K video at super-slow 120fps HD; it’s got manual silent shooting; and there’s also 3-axis in-body image stabilisation.
- Nikon:A japanese company established in 1917. Digital SLR , Nikkor lenses and and mirror less are in their list of cameras.
Best cameras in the above brands:
- Nikon: Nikon D5000: It is better than bulky enthusiast SLR D500. Great image quality and vari-angle screen are superb.
- Olympus: Olympus PEN E-PL10
- Panasonic: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX15 / 10
- Sony: Sony A7S II
- Canon: Canon EOS