What – Why and How Ad Sense explained for beginners?
Ad Sense is cost per click ad network. It is a performance based ad network. Understanding all features of this amazing publisher’s paradise is out of scope in this article. Few features will definitely enhance the earning potential for new website owners. Ad Sense explained here those points that will help beginners to gain more from Ad Sense.
- Ad Sense being a cost per click (CPC) network will not display cost per 1000 impressions (CPM) ads. They do not exclusively offer an option to select CPM ads. The only way to get CPM ads displayed with Ad Sense is select image ad units only. Not text ads. Then, if advertises bid for CPM ads they will be displayed on the website. This point is not explicitly explained by Ad Sense. It is my guess. Websites with informative content and high traffic will be benefited by Cost per 100 impressions (CPM) ads. No effort is needed on the publisher’s side except gaining more page views
Revenue estimation terms used in Ad Sense and their implications
Cost per click (CPC): cost per click is payment made by Ad Sense when visitor clicks on the Ad Sense ad impression on search results. CPC is also called pay per click (PPC) when advertisers pay Ad Words when some one clicks on the Ad Words ad.
Cost per 1000 impressions (CPM): CPM bidding means that you pay based on the number of impressions (times your ads are shown) that you receive on the Google Display Network
Revenue per mile ( RPM – revenue per 1000 impressions) Revenue per 1000 impressions (RPM) represents the estimated earnings you’d accrue for every 1000 impressions you receive. It is not actual earnings..
Criteria for Ad Sense Application approval
The website or blog domain must be 6 months old. The blog must have a minimum of 50 articles published. The articles and the content must be informative and engaging. The website or blog must be enjoying high quality traffic.That means the domain of the website or blog
Why Ad Sense: Why to choose Ad Sense for passive income through ad placements on the website or blog? The answer is simple. Google As Sense’s potential earning annualized in the recent report is $13.6 billions, 22% of total revenue of Google. Ad Sense is a participant in the Ad Choices program and uses Ad choice icon ( triangle shaped )
What is click fraud on Ad Sense and how to prevent: The important point to note in Ad Sense explained is click fraud. The invalid click or click fraud disables Ad Sense account. Clicking on your own ads (IP address) will be noted while creating the Ad Sense account and if a click from the same IP address is called invalid click. Recommending your people asking them to click on ads with the aim of earning revenue is also counted as invalid or fraud click. Unexpected high traffic also considered an fraud click.
Invalid clicks according to Google Ad Sense from Google pages is defined as
invalid click activity includes any clicks or impressions that may artificially inflate an advertiser’s costs or a publisher’s earnings. Invalid activity covers intentionally fraudulent traffic as well as accidental clicks. Ad Sense help,
How to optimize Ad Sense ads on the website or blog:
There is no hard and fast rule to optimize Ad Sense ad on a website. It is content that matters. An ad display on a website depends mainly on the content
Other techniques will enhance the revenue chances. To name few
- Choose Ad sizes as recommended by Ad Sense, The recommendations are 336×280 large rectangle, the 300×250 medium rectangle, the 728×90 leader board, the 300×600 half page, and on mobile the 320×100 large mobile banner. more at: Ad Sense help.
- The color of the ad, mostly blue. Some times the other link colors, either external or internal can be selected
- Responsive ads automatically fit into the space. recommended.
- Placements of the ads.: Normally in most visible places. Not at the bottom of the post or page. Above or below fold of the post, on the side bar.
- Preferred type of ads: Both text and image ads
To sum up
Ad Sense is a cash cow for publishers among many other ad networks. The more one understands Ad Sense better, the earnings will be substantial. Though it is difficult to get Ad Sense application approved, it is not an uphill task. Have a good, informative content useful to visitors your Ad Sense will be approved. Understand the terminology of Ad sizes, placement and behavior you are done with Ad Sense.: